To preview the auction items available in the Quechua Benefit Auction, click here.
As a part of the Amazing Greys Event, the Quechua Benefit will have a live-streamed charity auction of items that will go directly to benefit their great work for the Peruvian people. Visit www.AmazingGreysAlpacas.com to register to bid at the Quechua Benefit Auction that will be held April 29, 2017 at 3:30 pm PDT (just prior to the Amazing Greys Alpaca Auction – one registration covers both auctions).
The Quechua Benefit’s story begins with a simple request. In 1996, legendary Peruvian alpaca breeder, Don Julio Barreda asked Mike Safley, “Is there anything American alpaca breeders can do to help the poor Quechua children in my hometown of Macusani?” The answer was yes and, Quechua Benefit was born.
Mike enlisted a dentist, Mario Pedroza, who also raised alpacas and in November of 1996 they embarked on Quechua Benefit’s first mission to the Andes. The dental volunteers spent 6 days in Macusani which sits at 15,450 feet above sea level, seeing 907 patients. Quechua Benefit has had an ongoing presence in Peru.
Since their first mission in 1996, Quechua Benefit has provided services and programs which include:
- Free medical, dental and optical care to nearly 100,000 people.
- Feeding programs that have provided hundreds of thousands of free meals.
- The construction of Casa Chapi children’s home and school located in Chivay and the Colca Valley. The school is accredited by the Peruvian Ministry of Education and home to 63 children and 20 full time staff.
- The construction and operation of the Snowmass Medical Clinic.
- Disaster relief to highland alpaca breeders.
- Social Justice programs which include, alpaca genetic improvement, preventative medicine to 6,000 school children and adults in the Colca valley, and job training to women in remote areas.
Mike invites all of you to join with Quechua Benefit and help turn love into hope for the Quechua children and hard-working families of Peru. Visit www.QuechuaBenefit.org for more information.